A turn of the century (1900) doctor's office has been re-constructed on the farm
Dr. Milton J. Lilly, Sr. was a native of Mercer County in West Virginia
and a 1904 graduate of Maryland Medical College in Baltimore. His
first practice was as a company doctor for the Pocahontas Coal Company in
McDowell County, WV.
Not long after marrying a young school teacher from Roanoke, VA, Dr. Lilly, his wife and
infant daughter moved to Upland in Mason County to take over the practice
of Dr. James Rowsey.
Dr. Lilly established his practice and home in Mason County raising seven
children and living there until his death in 1967.